California Wetfish Producers Association
RazorSharp PR regularly delivers high-profile placements with local and national television and radio outlets, as well as in print – including daily papers, business journals and trade journals.
California Wetfish Producers Association (CWPA) is a non-profit, established in 2004, to promote sustainable fisheries and foster cooperative research. The company aims to protect fishery resources and access, enhance communications and education, and sponsor cooperative research.
- Increase awareness of the importance of the wetfish industry.
- Consistently secure national, statewide and regional media attention for the CWPA.
- Promote research as one of the most accurate sources of information to sustain and maintain California’s costal pelagic species. Promote studies on key fisheries such as squid, sardines, and other important forage fisheries.
- Deliver messages to key influencers and decision makers in California.
- Produced marketing materials such as press releases, opinion pieces, and editorials, and distribute to targeted media, which will yield results with the best visibility of CWPA to the public.
- Identified and built relationships with editors and appropriate journalists at targeted print and online publications by studying their writing style, beats, and interests.
- Pitched highly credible spokespersons to national and local television and radio networks, with a tight focus on media within the region of Southern California.
- Media-trained potential spokespersons with relevant first hand experiences and coordinated opportunities for them to connect with reporters to share their stories.
- Devised social media strategy to identify the best social channels to engage audiences. Established profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Launched company blog, which is regularly monitored and updated to leverage content that promotes CWPA’s mission and influence in the fishing industry.
- CWPA has been featured in the Los Angeles Times, Sacramento Bee, Capitol Weekly, and the Monterey Herald, among other publications. Opinion pieces and editorials were secured in more than a dozen major print outlets including Wall Street Journal, San Jose Mercury News, San Diego Union Tribune, Santa Cruz Sentinel, Ventura County Star and North County Times, Orange County Register, KSBW, The Californian and Central Coast News.
- Developed a statewide campaign to inform the media and public about Oceana’s lawsuit issues related to ‘forage fisheries’.
- Established profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Launched company blog, with regular monitoring and updating to leverage content that promoted CWPA’s mission and influence in the fishing industry.
- Created synergy among the different social media sites, which helped establish CWPA’s brand.
- Attained radio & TV Interviews.
- Secured coverage throughout California for CWPA and its Spokespersons, with an emphasis on the southern half of the state.